Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Recipe Re-purposing: Banana "Ice Cream"

Today for the StartClean2013 challenge, the prompt is about re-purposing a recipe to make it healthy & clean. My recipe repertoire usually fall into one of two categories: Super Healthy or Treats. So while my actual food recipes (soups, stews, stir-fries, salads, etc.) are pretty damn healthy, my Goodies could use an upgrade.

I tried out this recipe the other day for Banana "Ice Cream". It was- excuse my language- fucking delicious. And it's SO healthy, I can't even handle it. Perfect for those of us in the middle of a Whole30 program, or trying to Eat Clean. It doesn't even have chocolate in it, which is usually my requirement for all good desserts. Maybe it's the Day 8 crazy-talk, but I don't even miss the chocolate. WOAH.

Anyhow, try it out, and let me know what you think. If you use bananas as a base, you can add other fruits- my personal favorite are raspberries, so that's what this recipe calls for. 

Banana "Ice Cream"

 Ingredients:
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1-2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
  • Blend banana and raspberries in a food processor for 1-2 minutes. 
  • Add in coconut milk and vanilla, and blend entire thing until mixed, but don't over blend!
  • Eat the heck out of this, and pat yourself on the back for getting in a serving of fruit and some healthy fat!!
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment