Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whole30 Recap- 1st Week done!

Week 1 is done- I'm into Whole30 Day 8! That means I've had no breads or grains, milk, cheese or dairy products, added sugar or sweeteners for 7 days! It also means I've had LOTS more: vegetables, sustainable meats, fruits in moderation, and nuts and seeds. 

Overall, I am feeling really great. My skin is clearer, I feel like I am more focused at work and at home, and I have not struggled as much as I thought I would with the eliminated items like chocolate and bread. Not saying that I wouldn't like to chomp a whole bowl of noodles right now- I totally would. BUT I'm not going to chomp a bowl of noodles, and I'm ok with that.

I am continuing to weigh myself every few days, because I was already 4 months into this healthy eating & workout plan before I started Whole30. I don't want to start eating a ton of "healthy fats" and get off track. My goal with Whole30 is to eliminate the need for all these unneeded items in my diet, but I seem to be loosing some more weight as a side effect, which is great!

The best part about Whole30 so far is the eating habits that I see changing in myself. A quick example- I keep thinking "What will I eat for dinner? I've already eaten meat, vegetables, and fruits.." and then I laugh and remember that those are the healthy building blocks of a diet and that I can just eat more of them! Another example- I've made guacamole a few times, and for a second I panic and think, "Oh no! I can't can't tortilla chips- what will I scoop this with?". Again, my brain kicks in, and I remember- oh yes, the innumerable number of vegetables that would go well with guac, like red pepper slices, carrot sticks, celery, etc.

The Whole30 has definitely necessitated a bigger change in my eating habits than I thought I would be- here I was thinking I was eating SO healthy before. I was eating pretty well, but there is always room for improvement, and my body is thanking me for it! 

Having some Whole30 buddies has been really helpful. If you're out there in the middle of a Whole30, considering one, or looking for more Whole30 support and info, make sure to check out these lovely ladies:

Fit & Awesome
Wine to Weightlifting
Holly Would if She Could
Listen. Learn. Love. Mend

Thanks for your virtual support during this awesome challenge! If you are Whole30-ing it up right now, keep trucking! If you're thinking about it, feel free to contact me with questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment