Post Whole30 Reflections
- Going out to eat and staying compliant
- Resisting the Jewish Grandmother-offered snacks, with a side of guilt about why I'm "so thin now"
- Because there were lots of strict rules, it was easier than I thought to follow them
- I don't think I can choose- but I feel great and that's probably the best benefit for me. No bloated feeling, no cheese-induced bathroom trips.. so nice!
- 117 lbs
- Always noshing on chocolate in the afternoon
- Afternoon tiredness hit me every day at 3pm
- Trouble turning down unhealthy foods when offered
- Potential sensitivities to gluten and lactose
- Lots of guilt around what I ate that didn't make me feel good
- 111 lbs
- I have "pre"-abs that are starting to show!
- Have almost eliminated "bored snacking"
- Comfortable with no added sugar in Tea, Sweet Potatoes, other "desserts"
- Found lots of new ways to incorporate more veggies into my diet, as well as protein
- Knowing that I "Eat Clean" makes me feel good, mentally & physically
- Going "off-plan" and still being able to eat healthfully
- Reincorporating gluten and grains without going overboard and becoming the Pasta Queen again!
- Figuring out a way to fit occasional healthy desserts into my diet without it being an every-day occasion.
My Plan for the weeks ahead
- 6-8 servings Vegetables/day
- 2-3 servings of protein/day from:
- sustainable meat & eggs
- nut butters
- cottage cheese/greek yogurt
- 2-3 servings of Fruits/day
- 2-3 servings of Whole grains/day
- Chocolate in moderation (2-3 servings per week)
- Refined/enriched grain items
- Milk and cheese (not including cottage cheese/greek yogurt)
- Added sugars, although prioritizing honey & maple syrup as sweeteners when applicable