Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Curry & Ginger Pumpkin Soup- What's Cookin' Wednesday

I got a craving for Pumpkin Soup today- that rich consistency with that squashy goodness! I had roasted and pureed some pie pumpkins late last week that I needed to use, and voila, Curry & Ginger Pumpkin Soup was born. I started off with this recipe from Better Homes & Gardens, but ended up modifying it significantly based on what I had on hand.

Curry & Ginger Pumpkin Soup


Image from BHG: http://bit.ly/2goGYm
Ingredients
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp butter
1 cup 2% milk
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ginger
1/2 minced onion
1 tsp honey
salt & pepper to taste

Directions
1. Saute the onions in the butter in a small saucepot until clear
2. Add the pumpkin & milk into the saucepot
3. Set heat on medium, and stir
4. Add ginger, curry, and salt & pepper and mix 

Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment