Monday, October 21, 2013

Race Recap- Detroit Free Press US Half Marathon 2013

Sunday, I ran the Detroit Free Press US Half Marathon the racing event I've been training for for the better part of a year! It was amazing, and lots of fun. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a well-organized Half in a big city that's lots of fun. I though I'd share some pics before I do the full recap, since I'm short on time tonight.
Here's me inside Cobo before the start of the race, getting all my gear on.
The US Half started at 10am, but it was still pretty cold outside as I was getting ready!
Hubs told me to do some poses- he specifically requested Reverse Warrior.
This is a conservative, non-race bib-ripping version of it.
There's me cruising through the start- right under the banner.
Can you spot me?
Action shot, right around Mile 10. Lookin' good!
I don't have pics of me at the actual finish until the official photos are shared.
Here's me at home right after the race with my bling!
Me and my love :) Freep 2013!!
I finished in 2:09:23- nearly 10 minutes better than my Heroes on Hines time of 2:18:10. I'm still on a runner's high from this race! More details and pictures to come in the next few days. Thanks SO much to my hubs, my mom and dad, and Mike's Uncle and Aunt who came out to cheer me on- you guys helped keep me moving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment