Monday, March 4, 2013

Motivation Monday- Hoppin' Back on Track

This week I am motivated by thankfulness. I'm thankful for my health, although I've had some pain recently I am still a overall very healthy person. I'm thankful for the support and love of my family and friends. I'm thankful for my awesome job and coworkers that I love. I'm thankful for the hottub at my gym... :) 

I am trying to hop back on track this week, post-injury, with my workout schedule. It's a bit lighter than in past weeks, but still trying to make it to 300 minutes of exercise, not including yoga. I ended up knocking my long run out of the way early this week; I didn't get one in last week (was supposed to do an 8 miler) and I have the Corktown 5k this week so I wanted to get my long run out of the way well before the race. I ended up pulling out 8.5 miles, which is my longest distance to date. I still look back and think about how I used to HATE running- I wasn't able to run 1 mile.


I'm still building up my mileage- I have been running for 10 minutes, pausing the treadmill for about :45 seconds to take a water break, then repeat. I'd like to space out my break intervals eventually but I can do that once I get to 13.1!

Workout Plan for the week of 3/4-
  • Monday: Long run 8.5 miles (78 mins)
  • Tuesday: StrongLifts & Upperbody weights & Yoga flow class (135 mins)
  • Wednesday: Bootcamp class (60 minutes)
  • Thursday: Hill reps 3.5 miles (50 mins)
  • Friday: Practice 5k  @ race pace (8:30/mile) 3.1 miles (25 mins)
  • Saturday: StrongLifts & Upperbody weights (45 mins)
  • Sunday: Corktown 5k! (25 mins)
What's keeping you on track this week? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment